Letting other people determine your actions, behaviors and future is a sure path to unhappiness. While there is nothing wrong with being sensitive to the needs of other people, there is a point that it can paralyze you – and often, you aren’t even aware of it. Caring about the
I’ve talked to people from all walks of life, and no matter who you are – housewife, professor, athlete, or well-known figure…you can be a magnet for drama. I’ve had a lot of people say that they simply have no idea why they keep getting into mess after social mess.
I talk to a lot of people who experience life as the same grind everyday. They ‘go through the motions,’ and the years seem to be passing them by without anything interesting or significant happening. They lead lives of quiet desperation…yearning for something, anything, to come along and just break
- Ask Dr. Gurner a question on Quora.
- Dr. Gurner hosts a mental health live stream on Twitch every Tuesday 6:30 - 7:30 pm EST and Thursday 5 - 6 pm EST.
- Follow Dr. Gurner on Twitter.
- Connect with her on LinkedIn.
- You can also Contact her.